Motion Picture Licensing Corporation President Americas
COMPLETED: This position has been filled
The Motion Picture Licensing Corporation (MPLC) is a dynamic, worldwide copyright licensing organization committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of the creative community. In 1986, MPLC embarked on a journey to make it as simple and easy as possible for the public to obtain a license to exhibit movies, TV, and other content outside of the home. Since the introduction of MPLC’s pioneering Umbrella License® in the United States, MPLC now represents the public performance rights of hundreds of rights holders, with local presence in over 30 countries around the globe.
MPLC works closely with a variety of institutions, associations, and antipiracy groups to educate people about copyright and promote the intellectual property rights of the creative community.
MPLC licenses over 500,000 locations worldwide, including, but not limited to, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and government entities like senior living facilities, libraries, dentist offices, and schools.
Tenzing, an independent private equity investor acquired a majority stake in MPLC in January 2020. Tenzing targets buyout investments in high organic growth, small or medium-sized enterprises. The firm believes in supporting, inspiring and investing alongside high energy, high performance management teams with which it has a shared vision.
A newly created position, the President Americas will manage US operations and drive growth in MPLC’s enterprise and high-volume customer segments. Reporting directly to the CEO, and a member of the executive team, the President Americas will improve sales operations, work with studios to expand and maintain Rights and collaborate with the executive team to deliver aggressive growth targets worldwide.
Based in Los Angeles the President Americas will manage the following direct reports: VP Sales for North and South America, VP Marketing, VP IT, and President of Asian Markets as well as Studio Relations.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Develop a clear strategy and roadmap for driving significant growth
- Provide strategic business development strategies that could be replicated around the world.
- Develop effective sales process for both enterprise and high-volume customers and improve sales operations while fostering a professional sales culture
- Manage a successful, worldwide Salesforce implementation
- Develop and grow the sales team
- Deliver on growth targets
- Oversee and evaluate MPLC’s strategic alliances in Asia
- Oversee day to day operations including building and motivating teams, managing partner relationships, managing projects, overcoming obstacles and meeting established goals and objectives
A future at MPLC includes:
- The opportunity to work at a high energy, dynamic, and growing company
- The chance to work with a passionate team of entrepreneurs and investors
- The chance to lead both strategy and execution in a senior role for an industry leader poised to extend its worldwide success
- The opportunity to drive aggressive growth in a company and to be compensated accordingly
Compensation will include salary, performance bonus, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience.
The ideal candidate currently works in an executive-level general management role with experience leading both consultative and high-volume sales team. This player/coach has experience building and inspiring teams and is a strategic thinker with a global business perspective.
You should have the following experiences and skillsets:
- Track record of driving growth
- Experience building and developing sales operations and sales teams, particularly for enterprise sales
- Exceptional project management skills
- International business experience
- Demonstrated networking and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage ambiguity
- Experience using and leveraging Salesforce
- Licensing and entertainment industry experience a plus
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Alison Thompson (email@example.com) at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.