Motion Picture Licensing Corporation Vice President of Licensing
The Motion Picture Licensing Corporation (MPLC) is a dynamic, worldwide copyright licensing organization committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of the creative community. In 1986, MPLC embarked on a journey to make it as simple and easy as possible for the public to obtain a license to exhibit movies, TV, and other content outside of the home. Since the introduction of MPLC’s pioneering Umbrella License® in the United States, MPLC now represents the public performance rights of hundreds of rights holders, with local presence in over 30 countries around the globe.
MPLC works closely with a variety of institutions, associations, and antipiracy groups to educate people about copyright and promote the intellectual property rights of the creative community.
MPLC licenses over 500,000 locations worldwide, including, but not limited to, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and government entities like senior living facilities, libraries, dentist offices, and schools.
Tenzing an independent private equity investor acquired a majority stake in MPLC in January 2020. Tenzing targets buyout investments in high organic growth, small or medium-sized enterprises. The firm believes in supporting, inspiring and investing alongside high energy, high performance management teams with which it has a shared vision.
A newly created position, the VP of Licensing will drive growth in MPLC’s enterprise and high volume customer segments. Reporting directly to the President Americas, the VP of Licensing will improve sales operations, build and develop a professional data driven sales team, and deliver aggressive growth targets.
Based in Los Angeles the VP of Licensing will directly manage a growing team of sales representatives.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Implement effective sales process for both enterprise and high volume customers
- Improve sales operations while fostering a professional sales culture
- Build a strong sales pipeline and use data to manage sales operations
- Manage a successful, worldwide Salesforce implementation
- Develop and grow the sales team
- Deliver on growth targets
A future at MPLC includes:
- The opportunity to work at a high energy, dynamic, and growing company
- The chance to work with a passionate team entrepreneurs and investors
- The chance to lead both strategy and execution in a senior role for an industry leader poised to extend its worldwide success
- The opportunity to drive aggressive growth in a company and to be compensated accordingly
Compensation will include salary, performance bonus, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience.
The ideal candidate currently works in an executive-level sales role with experience leading both consultative and high volume sales teams. This player/coach has experience building and inspiring teams and is a strategic thinker with a global business perspective.
You should have the following experiences and skillsets:
- Track record of driving growth
- Experience using Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Track record of improving sales operations and building sales teams,
- Experience building and managing a call center
- Exceptional project management skills
- Demonstrated networking and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage ambiguity
- Experience leading sales teams internationally
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams (Peggy@knowledgeleadersgroup.com) at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.