Executive Vice President & General Manager of Education Markets
Burning Glass Technologies is an analytics software company that has cracked the code of an ever-changing labor market.
Powered by the world’s largest and most sophisticated database of labor market data and talent, Burning Glass delivers real-time data and breakthrough planning tools that inform careers, define academic programs, and shape workforces. The company’s artificial intelligence technology analyzes well over a billion job postings and real-life career transitions to provide real-time, actionable insight into labor market patterns.
Burning Glass data is relied on by hundreds of clients worldwide, ranging from universities, colleges, and major employers to multinational organizations like the World Economic Forum. The firm has the world’s largest and most sophisticated labor market analytics engine, which it leverages to support higher education and workforce development.
Burning Glass’s robust data engine tracks and analyzes job market supply and demand in real-time using proprietary analytics and taxonomies. The world-leading analytics draw on the Burning Glass database of more than a billion current and historical job openings and the company’s pioneering use of big data analytics to understand the changing nature of skills in the job market. Burning Glass products empower universities and colleges to track labor market demand, align programs with what employers need, and give students a roadmap to a satisfying career.
Based in Boston, Burning Glass plays a growing role in informing the global conversation on education and the workforce, and in creating a labor market that works for everyone.
KKR, a leading global investment firm acquired a majority stake in Burning Glass Technologies in September 2019. The investment is part of KKR’s Global Impact strategy, which is focused on identifying and investing behind companies whose core business models provide commercial solutions that contribute measurable progress toward one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
By providing the data to drive lifelong learning and market-aligned training, Burning Glass is delivering measurable progress in achieving two of the United Nations SDGs – Quality Education, and Decent Work and Economic Growth.
The EVP & GM of Education Markets will be responsible for driving transformational growth in Burning Glass’ higher education business line. Reporting directly to the CEO, the EVP & GM will define a growth strategy and oversee and build the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Lead a commercial transformation of the higher education and learning business, bringing focus to markets and customers across the organization
- Develop a clear, progressively staged strategy and roadmap for driving exponential growth
- Develop a repeatable sales process and improve sales operations while fostering a professional sales culture
- Identify customer needs, and work closely with the Product team to create a compelling product offering
- Build a Marketing team that converts exceptional brand reputation and thought leadership to qualified leads
- Develop a process for qualifying and nurturing leads
- Lead and develop the processes for the Customer Success team so as to promote retention and increase customer lifetime value
- Work with the Consulting team to craft and promote the right sets of repeatable service products so as to increase sell-through, value point, and impact
- Build and motivate exceptional talent across sales, marketing, customer success, and services
A future at Burning Glass includes:
- The opportunity to work at a high energy, dynamic SaaS company in hyper-growth mode
- The chance to work with a passionate team of high achieving entrepreneurs
- The opportunity to help universities and colleges align their programs with labor market needs and prepare students with the right skills to secure employment
- The chance to lead both strategy and execution in a senior role for an industry leader poised to extend its market success
- The opportunity to drive aggressive growth in a company and to be compensated accordingly
Compensation will include salary, performance bonus, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience
The ideal candidate currently works in an executive-level role leading sales, marketing, and customer success. This player/coach has deep knowledge of higher education markets, an understanding of complex data, their applications, and experience driving transformational growth of SaaS products.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Demonstrated leadership of a global sales organization, including experience with both enterprise solutions and high-velocity applications
- Experience partnering with product teams to move significantly up the customer value chain
- Proven capability in managing a sales force to achieve sales forecast and growth requirements on a consistent basis
- Experience managing a business unit and a P&L
- Experience in developing effective pricing models that optimize value capture both in enterprise sales and with channel partners
- Proven experience influencing and evolving within a fast-growing, dynamic technology company
- Must be willing to travel between 40%-60% depending on location
- Must bring a commitment to timely execution, be high energy, and mission-driven
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in-person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Alison Thompson at Knowledge Leaders.