Conscious Discipline is a leading provider of comprehensive, trauma-informed social emotional learning programs that are based on current brain research, child development information and developmentally appropriate practices. Conscious Discipline’s mission is to provide every adult with the inspiration, knowledge and skills to improve children’s lives for generations. The vision is of an interconnected world of conscious adults capable of responding instead of reacting to conflict, creating safe homes, safe schools, and a safe planet. Over its 25 year history, the Company has served over 9,000 clients falling into the major categories of school districts, Head Start (including ECE segment), state and county agencies.
The business philosophy and company culture embrace the following tenets:
- Deliver the highest quality of Social and Emotional Learning education by developing and retaining highly skilled passionate instructors
- Provide exceptional service delivery and comprehensive, collaborative, and “best-in-class”transformative solutions to school districts, preschools, and Head Start education programs
- Cultivate a family environment that promotes and rewards teamwork, professional development, clinical excellence, and dedication
Because Conscious Discipline’s award-winning adult facing methodology equips teachers with emotional competence and critical skills, it has been shown to be highly effective in:
- Reducing student behavioral issues
- Enhancing education outcomes
- Reducing the number of suspensions
- Improving teacher retention rates
Their offering includes:
- Events: Institutes & Workshops (some moving to online formats)
- Training & Professional Development
- Educational Products (Tools & Books)
- EdTech (10-session online course, webinars, podcasts)
Over the past 25 years, Prairie Capital has worked with over 99 platform investments across seven funds. Their approach is to create successful partnerships, and build trust with business owners across the country. This is achieved by serving as a thought partner and providing strategic guidance to prioritize and execute the necessary company-building investments required to scale an enterprise.
Ideally based in Oviedo, FL, this new CEO will report directly to the Prairie Capital team and newly forming Board of Directors. The CEO is responsible for building a management team who can apply rigor around business practices, with a focus on growth, while maintaining the caring culture that has been built by those passionate about the Conscious Discipline philosophy. Sales, marketing, and product will be essential places of focus for the continued success of Conscious Discipline.
- Build out a caring, yet growth-focused, management team
- Develop and implement a strategic growth plan to serve the large and evolving SEL needs of school districts and early education providers
- Formalize a go-to market strategy to capture demand of unspent SEL revenue in the market from both new and existing clients
- Expand offering to middle school to further penetrate existing and new public, private, and charter school clients
- Develop new products to enter new district budget areas, with focus on products/curriculum that can be used in the classroom
- Tap underserved parent market through the productization of current content
- Build scalability by evaluating, developing, and formalizing instructor training
You are not necessarily a current CEO but hold the business acumen of a P&L leader, are an exemplary team manager, and have the ability to lead groups of people with a variety of skill sets and backgrounds. A key component to success is the ability to synthesize mission driven ideas into a concise strategic outlook and subsequently putting the tactics in place to achieve the vision.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Understanding of the adult learning and professional development spaces
- Deep passion for SEL preferably with experience in the industry
- Positive track record growing revenues and EBITDA simultaneously
- Ability to evaluate, coach, and hire additional executive team members as necessary
- Bring professional business practices to every aspect of a high-quality grassroots organization
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to April Sarraille.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.