Teaching Strategies, headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, is the leader in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) sector, providing the most widely used ECE developmental assessment system in the US, serving children from birth through 3rd grade. The Creative Curriculum solution is also one of the most widely used curriculum systems in the US. Recently, Teaching Strategies launched a first-of-its-kind integrated digital curriculum, assessment, and family communications solution to support traditional and remote learning environments and is experiencing significant growth.
The Early Childhood Education sector has been one of the fastest growing segments of the Education market over the past few years. With bi-partisan support and an increasing understanding of the positive impact that whole child development can have on academic and life success, the sector is expected to continue steady growth in the public and private sectors in the coming years worldwide.
In addition to the very healthy market tailwinds, there are few sectors where the intersection of for-profit and for-good combine so powerfully. The opportunity to create down-stream lasting effect on human outcomes is profound: 80% of the human brain is formed by the age of 3 and providing the right developmental experiences from birth to age 5 has an outsized effect on what happens in school and, more importantly, in life. By 3rd grade, developmental deficits are very difficult to remediate and too often seed indelible effect. There is no way to move the needle on human opportunity more drastically than improving the quality and availability of effective early childhood learning.
There is no other company in the market with the reach, reputation, mission-orientation, balance sheet, and financial sponsors to make the kind of significant new headway over the next 3-5 years as Teaching Strategies continues its migration from print-based delivery to a digital SaaS ecosystem. This digital ecosystem is powered by data to help the adults in the
system (teacher, administrator, parent, coach) be more seamlessly connected, and more quickly able to to understand what they are seeing in each child developmentally and how to respond more effectively with the right course corrections.
Teaching Strategies seeks to expand its reach through significant corporate development in the ECE market, adjacent markets, moving upstream into grades K-3, consumer markets, and international markets. Whether through M&A activity or strategic partnerships, the new S/VP of Corporate Development is well-positioned to push this agenda forward. With the dollars and culture to support explosive growth this individual will contribute significantly to Teaching Strategies aggressive revenue and impact goals.
The Private Equity Investors
KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities.
In this brief clip, Teaching Strategies CMO Autumn Taylor talks about why it’s a great time for a marketing professional to enter the education sector.
Based anywhere in the U.S. and reporting directly to the CMO, the Vice President of Demand Gen will own marketing program strategy, digital marketing, automation, operations, events, and analytics.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Build and lead a demand generation center of excellence that includes cross-functional collaboration with product marketing, creative, sales, product management, and partner success
- Partner with Sales to define KPIs and build predictive models and dashboards to forecast and measure ROI and support decision making, adjusting tactics and strategy accordingly
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and programs and be accountable for performance in achieving objectives, including impact on lead generation, sales opportunity pipeline, and CLTV (customer lifetime value)
- Optimize and scale up the demand generation engine by defining and implementing best practice capabilities in service of company growth and revenue goals across product lines, audiences, and markets
- Aligns campaigns and programs with product launches, external market trends, competitor insights, and front-line feedback to continually improve results.
A future at Teaching Strategies includes:
✔ The chance to work with a passionate and highly functional team of leaders who are opening doors to lifelong learning and opportunity
✔ The flexibility to live anywhere in the United States
✔ The opportunity to wake up in the morning feeling good about what you do for a living
The ideal candidate is well-versed in demand generation best practices and marketing technologies, analytical and data-driven in their decision-making, and a skilled and versatile leader with the ability to balance strategic planning with a hands-on, team-based approach. You should have the following background:
- Track record of building and executing demand generation programs with demonstrated ROI
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to track campaigns, scale success, and maximize effectiveness
- Strategic leadership with experience driving alignment across marketing and sales teams on campaign planning, objectives and KPIs
- Advanced expertise in digital marketing, marketing automation, lead conversion, and marketing analytics
- Strong communication skills and the ability to educate others about marketing science
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.