C2 Education is the premiere enrichment provider in the $25 billion tutoring industry. For over twenty years, the company has been helping students improve test scores, GPA, and gain admission to their dream colleges. C2’s unique approach combines individualized instruction, customized proprietary curriculum, and dedicated education experts to create a personalized roadmap that enables students to master their specific tests and subjects. C2 serves more than 14,000 elementary, middle, and high school students each week. Their customized programs and expert teams drive exceptional results for students. C2 students have received over 16 thousand dream college acceptances and over $120 million in scholarship offers.
The college admissions environment has never been more turbulent or competitive, which will continue to drive increasing demand from families looking for access to top colleges. C2’s pedagogical approach and strong outcomes have resulted in industry-leading customer lifetime value and business model economics. Further, the historical C2 center-based model has driven exceptional margins with the hybrid offerings accelerating growth and efficiency of delivery.
Serent Capital invests in growing businesses that have developed compelling solutions that address their customers’ needs. As those businesses grow and evolve, the opportunities and challenges that they face evolve with them. Principals at Serent Capital have firsthand experience at capturing those opportunities and navigating those challenges through their experiences as CEOs, strategic advisors, and board members to successfully grow businesses. By bringing its experience and capital to bear, Serent helps growing businesses thrive.
Reporting directly to and partnering with the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day operating functions of C2 Education from the central office to each field location and operator. With the sales function reporting to the COO, this individual will play a pivotal leadership role in the company’s drive for revenue growth and expansion both in regards to new centers as well as new products. C2 Education is experiencing high growth and your expertise in the implementation of new systems across a dispersed group of operating locations will help them accelerate that growth even more and enable the company to scale to the next level.
In this newly created role, the COO will collaborate with the CEO, removing daily operations from his plate as he moves into a more highly-focused BD role.
- Oversee, in partnership with the CEO, much of the day-to-day business and administrative operations of 115 US tutoring centers
- Lead and motivate the sales team to achieve growth goals and organizational objectives
- Drive the implementation of company-wide systems upgrade, including CRM, scheduling software, and BI stack
- Ensure C2 Education has the operational infrastructure to realize new go-to-market and domestic and global market expansion opportunities
- Partner with HR on workforce planning projects and conduct front-end analysis on recruitment annually to build and retain a robust and diverse team meeting established business goals
You are a world class operator who has had experience managing a variety of functions including Sales, HR, and IT, in a multi-unit environment. Your role at C2 Education will put you at the center of scaling process, systems, and infrastructure as the company continues its growth. You will be a thought partner to the CEO, as well as a potential replacement for him, and other Executive Leadership Team members and senior leaders providing a strategic perspective on operational issues related to KPIs and initiatives.
You have the following skills and competencies:
- Deep multi-unit in-field experience with an understanding of how changes from the head office affect individual operators
- Major systems integration experience
- Proven ability to evaluate and improve systems/processes to drive efficiency
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully motivate and challenge a team of talented and creative people
- Ability to drive change with appropriate respect for items which do not need to be changed
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
Submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders.