NWEA is a not-for-profit, research-based organization grounded in a mission committed to Partnering to help all kids learn®. NWEA pursues is mission each and every day by providing administrators, educators, students from all backgrounds, and families assessment solutions and services that support educational improvements and insights into learning. As an Education Technology organization, NWEA is in a unique position to create change in education because we currently serve close to a quarter of all U.S. K-12 students and are present in more than 9,500 schools, districts and education agencies in 145 countries. The reach NWEA has domestically and internationally provides a unique opportunity for impact. NWEA is actively diversifying its portfolio of services and solutions to
- Improve learning outcomes for these students
- Reach more students and educators
- Innovate to deliver high-quality, purpose-driven, educational products and services that improve learning
To be able to meet its objectives, NWEA is actively working on ensuring that our work reflects, values, and supports the diverse educators, students, colleagues, and communities they serve. NWEA seeks to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions and products it provides, and, in the partnerships, we establish with other organizations, schools, districts, states, and countries.
In this brief clip Chris Minnich discusses the impact the new CFO can have
Reporting directly to the CEO the Chief Financial Officer will have full responsibility for NWEA’s Finance Department and drive transformation and the impact of the finance role across the organization.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Serve as a strategic partner and financial advisor to the Executive Leadership Team as the organization drives to $300M in revenue
- Formally establish a process and standards for the review of new investment opportunities
- Guide the organization in making resource allocation decisions that enhance the differentiating capabilities of NWEA products and services
- Lead the Functional Transition Program, resulting in an optimized allocation of capacity across teams and business functions in support of NWEA’s business strategy
- Increase the business and financial acumen of the organization to improve analysis and strategic decision making
- Assess, recruit, and develop high-performing talent
A future at NWEA includes:
- The chance to work with a passionate team of leaders who are dedicated to one mission: partnering to help all kids learn
- The chance to lead strategy for an industry leader poised to extend its market success
- The opportunity to drive aggressive, double-digit growth in a company
- The opportunity to have the flexibility to live anywhere
The ideal candidate for this role is a financial visionary who drives change, influences business strategy, and develops high performing teams.
You should have the following background:
- Success in leading a variety of finance disciplines, preferably in a high growth, for profit environment
- Dynamic leader with history of attracting, developing, and retaining top finance talent and effectively leading and scaling teams
- Expertise in guiding and integrating successful acquisitions
- Experience in an organization that has successfully transitioned to a multi-product/multi-segment structure
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of their work. NWEA’s mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for their DEIA commitment as they work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities they serve. They seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions and products they provide, the organizational culture, and the partnerships they establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews, background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.