Mac Gamse, CEO, C2 Education
C2 Education is the premiere enrichment provider in the $25 billion tutoring industry. For over twenty years, the company has been helping students improve test scores, GPA, and gain admission to their dream colleges. C2’s unique approach combines individualized instruction, customized proprietary curriculum, and dedicated education experts to create a personalized roadmap that enables students to master their specific tests and subjects. C2 serves more than 14,000 elementary, middle, and high school students each week. Their customized programs and expert teams drive exceptional results for students. C2 students have received over 16 thousand dream college acceptances and over $120 million in scholarship offers.
The college admissions environment has never been more turbulent or competitive, which will continue to drive increasing demand from families looking for access to top colleges. C2’s pedagogical approach and strong outcomes have resulted in industry-leading customer lifetime value and business model economics. Further, the historical C2 center-based model has driven exceptional margins with the hybrid offerings accelerating growth and efficiency of delivery.
The Private Equity Investors
Serent Capital invests in growing businesses that have developed compelling solutions that address their customers’ needs. As those businesses grow and evolve, the opportunities and challenges that they face evolve with them. Principals at Serent Capital have firsthand experience at capturing those opportunities and navigating those challenges through their experiences as CEOs, strategic advisors, and board members to successfully grow businesses. By bringing its experience and capital to bear, Serent helps growing businesses thrive.
Part of the executive team and reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will create and drive all aspects of lead generation strategy, digital and social strategy, branding, and agency relations. Additionally, you will build and lead your own team of high performing marketing professionals.
- Create a demand generation and conversion machine in collaboration with center directors, district managers, RVPs
- Build a high performing marketing team with expertise in both national and local marketing, and traditional and digital strategies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns, programs, agency contributions, and be accountable for performance in achieving growth objectives
- Work closely with center directors on local marketing initiatives including social media
The ideal candidate is well-versed in B2C demand generation best practices and marketing technologies, in a multi-unit environment. Analytical and data-driven in your decision-making, you are a skilled and versatile leader with the ability to balance strategic planning with a hands-on, team-based approach.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Track record of building and executing demand generation programs with demonstrated ROI
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to track campaigns, scale success, and maximize effectiveness
- Deep knowledge of how to use digital and offline channels and tools to build a customer base, and community-driven content
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully motivate and challenge a team of talented and creative people
- Strong communication skills and the ability to educate others about marketing science
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.