Vice President of Digital Marketing
Started in 2010 with a collaboration between Arizona State University and Global Silicon Valley (GSV), the annual ASU GSV Summit is the industry catalyst for elevating dialogue and driving action around raising learning and career outcomes through scaled innovation. Over the course of the past ten years, the GSV summit has grown from a few hundred attendees to over 5000 in 2019.
GSV is a family of connected businesses focused on three complementary disciplines: Investments, Strategic Services, and Media. United by an obsession with finding, investing in, and partnering with the most dynamic growth companies in the world, GSV looks for the Stars of Tomorrow. Through their partnerships and investments, GSV takes on society’s greatest challenge: ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to participate in the future.
Serving a global community, 45 countries strong, GSV has an untapped opportunity to drive social media and marketing from a world-class platform. This is where some of the most important global voices come to innovate: Barack Obama, George W Bush, Bill Gates, Matthew McConaughey, John Legend, Angela Duckworth, Richard Branson.
Likewise, GSV is a convening of the world’s most important global education and workforce companies and key technology players: Apple, Google, Microsoft, workday, TAL, New Oriental to name a few.
Over the years GSV has had the privilege of working with some of the most progressive and thought-provoking individuals in the pre-K to grey learning and talent sectors. A few examples:
- Innovators of Color honorees: Michael Sorrell, Jaime Casap, Kaya Henderson, Fred Swaniker
- Power of Women honorees: Jessie Woolley-Wilson, Christing Willig, Sari Factor
- Lifetime Achievement honorees: Bill Miliken, Coach Lou Holtz, John Katzman
- Venture Awards: Homeroom, Intellispark, Vemo Education, RaiseMe, Wisr
As a newly created position, the Vice President of Digital Marketing for the GSV Summit is a critical member of the executive team. Serving the Summit, and to a lesser extent the Fund, this leader will have the ability to convene their entrepreneurial and educational ecosystem, creating one of the most highly regarded executive-level gatherings of top world leaders who drive disruption and transformation through entrepreneurial endeavors, corporate industry, and leading tech companies. This leader will position the GSV Summit as the premier global platform supporting education and workforce innovation.
The Vice President of Digital Marketing, who can be located anywhere in the U.S., will primarily focus on the Summit while managing smaller projects for the GSVAcceleraTE Fund when needed. This position will report on an interim basis to Deborah Quazzo, Managing Partner at GSVAcceleraTE.
The Vice President of Digital Marketing has a compelling opportunity to affect significant change and growth within the Summit and its attendees. The Summit gives GSV’s organization a unique and proprietary advantage of aligning with top individuals. Further, it gives the organization a unique position to source companies in which they may want to invest. Through both the Summit and the Fund, GSV achieves its common goal: Identifying, investing in, and supporting critical transformers in education and workforce technology.
A future at the GSV Summit and the GSV AcceraTE Fund includes:
- Working with a highly respected and collaborative executive team
- Living and working anywhere in the US while working on a global scale
- Sharing in impactful results commensurate with successes
The Vice President of Digital Marketing will initiate and execute a grand transition, from being an incredibly successful events platform with rich digital assets to a globally known world-class event focused on cutting edge innovation. Responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a dynamic marketing strategy while identifying opportunities for innovative growth
- Manage and develop overall content creation, the email marketing program, and extensive digital campaigns
- Optimize the organization’s website, while sharing the story on multiple social media channels, continually testing and optimizing the approach while communicating insights, analytics, KPIs, robust testing strategies, tools, and best practices
- Develop GSV’s audience insights, targeting and segmentation strategies, and support campaigns with actionable results
- Create a content marketing plan and performance analytics for the 2020 Summit and beyond, driving return on investment, increased attendance and exponential additions to the Summit list
- Support direct-to-consumer marketing
- Stay abreast of technology innovations relevant to marketing and continuously seek to bring innovation to their marketing program
The Vice President of Digital Marketing possesses significant expertise and a proven track record in audience development, content creation, email, social media marketing, website development, digital advertising, and testing and marketing analytics. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a proven ability to supervise complex projects, serve multiple stakeholders, and deliver results. S/he will have considerable knowledge of marketing technology and an aptitude for leveraging data to drive high-end results.
More specifically, s/he will have the following experiences and skill sets:
- 5+ years of relevant digital marketing experience with demonstrated successes
- Proven experience developing a marketing roadmap and storyline, defining requirements, developing solutions, and ensuring a successful multi-year strategy and rollout
- Proven track record of growing and developing audiences, specifically through email and social media marketing
- Maintains strong analytical skills with experience using web analytics, social media and email marketing data, and advertising performance data
- Ability to build relationships across multiple groups and communicate effectively with both peers and upper management (internal and external stakeholders)
- Eminently familiar with CRM, audience research, targeting, and segmentation strategies
- Hands on experience with self-service advertising platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Google
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently, owning projects with little supervision
- A unique balance and desire to work between vision creation and execution
- Abreast of forward-thinking technology innovations
Travel will likely be around 15% per year.