Chief Product Officer:
COMPLETED- This position has been filled.
A single mission, along with team inspiration, guides Edmentum™, resulting in a core purpose–putting educators first. Founded through decades of innovation, Edmentum’s roots and compelling contribution to society stems from the earliest days of education technology, with a commitment to being educators’ most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs.
Established in 2012, Edmentum™ was formed through the merger of PLATO Learning and Archipelago Learning. This family of educators and lifelong learners is committed to the success of every student while positively impacting educators. With the resulting inspiration to pioneer online education over 60 years ago, this passion continues to inspire the team to innovate today. From the 1960’s research between Control Data and University of Illinois, to the provision of digital practice to schools nearly 20 years ago through Study Island, Edmentum’s distinct legacy of impressively influencing teachers and learners across the globe is strong.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with >700 employees, Edmentum™ relentlessly pursues the talent of putting tremendous teaching tools in the hands of every educator served. So far, Edmentum™ has connected with over 14 million students in over 40,000 schools in the United States, United Kingdom, and across 20 additional countries.
The Head of Product Management is a key member of the executive team. In this role, s/he will be responsible for guiding the strategy, design, and roadmap of Edmentum’s curriculum, instruction, assessment, and technical portfolio. S/he will align Edmentum’s product strategy with their market strategy to develop research-based education products that improve student outcomes, while being delivered through a world-class user experience.
The Product and Design team currently employs 17 team members. Key initiatives include:
- Deliver products that delight the educator, produce meaningful learning outcomes, and build the business
- Strengthen the product experience design operations and governance to drive product quality and outcomes
- Advance the Edmentum™ Next vision and strategy
- Build a world-class team of educator-first product and experience design professionals
A future at Edmentum™ includes:
- Working with a respected, low ego, and highly collaborative executive team
- The ability to live and work anywhere in the US
- Dreaming big, while accomplishing an innovative and long-term social impact
- The opportunity to share in impactful results commensurate with successes
Travel will be ~50% in a year.
Compensation will include salary, performance bonus, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience.
The ideal candidate for this position is a leader with shameless idealism, keen attention to their craft with a relentless drive towards innovation and value, and appreciates working among humble experts. While K-12 experience is not a requirement, an executive that is deeply passionate about changing student outcomes, revolutionizing the industry, and immersing themselves fully into the ecosystem is required to track with Edmentum’s high energy and deeply committed to excellence executive team.
You should have the following background:
- Experience with evolving a diverse and complex product portfolio into a cohesive (end user focused) and multi-year product strategy
- 7+ years of product management experience with at least 3 years in senior product management leadership
- Demonstrated successes and current capability to simultaneously build and execute product strategy
- 5+ years-experience in K-12 education, Healthcare, or other highly regulated industries
- Demonstrated successes in creating, delivering, and being obsessed with a best-in-class user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education, technical, or business discipline or equivalent experience; advanced degree, or equivalent experience preferred
Get a Behind-The-Scenes Look at Edmentum™