General Manager Schools
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. Age of Learning develops engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
The flagship product, ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy© is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 learning app and website for children ages 2 through 8. Over 30 million children worldwide have completed over 6.7 billion learning activities on ABCmouse. Age of Learning recently launched Adventure Academy, the first educational massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, serving elementary and middle school children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world. Other programs include an immersive English language learning product for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a world-class digital library with thousands of curated books; and a groundbreaking adaptive learning system that personalizes math instruction for every learner.
Age of Learning is committed to helping all children succeed. Through their Education Access Initiatives, ABCmouse is available at no cost to millions of children through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, and community centers—including public housing authorities and after-school programs.
Over the past decade, Age of Learning products have been proven to improve learning outcomes and are loved by millions of families and kids. As a well funded and profitable private company with a seasoned leadership team, Age of Learning invests in developing innovative education solutions to further its mission of helping kids everywhere achieve academic success. To date, Age of Learning’s primary business model has been providing subscription products to parents at home. However, over the past five years, the company has made significant investments in patented personalized mastery learning products with the capability to drive significant learning outcomes in schools.
A newly created position, the GM Schools will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and build Age of Learning’s school business. The GM Schools will develop organizational capabilities and go to market strategies as well as lead sales efforts for Age of Learning’s innovative, highly adaptive, supplemental PreK-2 math and reading products.
- Leverage knowledge of customer needs and decision making criteria to create value propositions that establish and sustain a sales and marketing strategy
- Develop and manage a multi-year go to market plan and P&L for school products
- Develop and present strategies and business cases including research and evaluation of product-market fit and go to market approaches
- Champion customer-focused iterations of product deliverables by defining requirements for features that drive success
- Collaborate with the personalized mastery learning development teams and other key stakeholders to establish priorities for the schools business
- Lead sales calls with a wide variety of prospects at state, district and school levels
A future at Age of Learning includes:
- The opportunity to work at a high energy, dynamic, and growing education technology company
- The chance to work with a passionate team of high achieving entrepreneurs
- The opportunity to help create a new line of business and support educators with learning experiences that engage and inspire millions of students.
- The chance to lead both strategy and execution in a senior role for an industry leader poised to extend its market success
- The opportunity to drive aggressive growth in a well-funded and profitable company
The Ideal GM Schools candidate is an entrepreneurial executive with a track record of developing and distributing successful digital education programs for schools serving kids from PK – 5th grade.
You should have the following experiences and skillsets:
- Background in educational technology in general management or a product management role with P&L responsibility
- Strong relationship builder with extensive knowledge and relationships at schools and district level
- Strong analytical thinker with experience leveraging data and analytics to drive customer value
- Advanced degree/MBA preferred with 10 years in leadership roles with experience developing and bringing new educational technology products to market
- Mission-driven, values-based leader; who is passionate about education technology and creating innovative education solutions for schools
- A positive and self-assured leader with a can-do attitude with an ability to manage in a dynamic environment
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in-person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Alison Thompson at Knowledge Leaders firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.