Executive Vice President of Sales
NWEA is a not-for-profit, research-based organization grounded in a mission committed to Partnering to help all kids learn®. NWEA meets is mission each and every day by providing administrators, educators, students from all backgrounds, and families assessment solutions and services that support educational improvements and insights into learning. As an Education Technology organization, NWEA is in a unique position to create change in education because we currently serve close to a quarter of all U.S. K-12 students and are present in more than 9,500 schools, districts and education agencies in 145 countries. The reach NWEA has domestically and internationally provides a unique opportunity for impact. NWEA is actively diversifying its portfolio of services and solutions to
- Improve learning outcomes for these students
- Reach more students and educators
- Innovate to deliver high-quality, purpose-driven, educational products and services that improve learning
To be able to meet its objectives, NWEA is actively working on ensuring that our work reflects, values, and supports the diverse educators, students, colleagues, and communities they serve. NWEA seeks to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions and products it provides, and, in the partnerships, we establish with other organizations, schools, districts, states, and countries.
Reporting directly to the CEO The Executive Vice President (EVP) of Sales is a pivotal role at NWEA, responsible for managing the organization’s revenue generating sales team. The EVP will manage, lead and mentor a team of VPs, Directors, and Sales Professionals, responsible for both inside and outside Partner accounts. This role demands strong leadership, selling, and communication skills, with the ability to set strategy, drive revenue and exceed goals. This role is responsible for the development, leadership and execution of sales. The EVP participates on the Executive Leadership Team, contributing to both team and department-wide initiatives and goals.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Manage our District division sales team’s performance through discipline and rigor with key KPIs, including daily activity, and metrics management,
- Partner closely with other teams, such as Product Management and Marketing, and Sales leaders in other divisions, to support the overall success of the org
- Scale and develop the sales team (currently at 125 representatives); hiring and continuously developing top-notch new and existing sales team members
- Manage and lead our Program Management, Implementation/Onboarding, and Technical Consulting teams – with a focus on evolving our Customer Success model
- Strategize and set in place sales operational metrics to drive performance and increase sales results
- Identify and capitalize on new, long-term relationships that could become revenue leaders
- Identify and implement ideal sales team design, in order to optimize efficiencies, engage staff, and improve customer experience
- Improve existing sales practices, processes and tools creating a scalable, efficient, repeatable sales methodology
- Ensure accurate, consistent forecasting resulting in successful monthly and quarterly performance against goals
A future at NWEA includes:
✔ The chance to work with a passionate team of leaders who are dedicated to one mission: partnering to help all kids learn
✔ The chance to lead both strategy and execution in a senior role for an industry leader poised to extend its market success with groundbreaking new curriculum
✔ The opportunity to drive aggressive, double digit growth in a company
✔ The opportunity to have the flexibility to live anywhere Compensation will include salary, performance bonus commensurate with the individual’s experience.
The ideal candidate for this position is a transformational sales executive and coach with a focus on customer success, and team mentorship. This individual has strong negotiation skills with a win-win attitude, knowing that each new customer (Partner of NWEA) will have a greater ability to improve student outcomes, resulting in better learning and graduation rates. You should have the following background:
- Previous senior sales leadership role in an education technology organization, or appropriate adjacent industry
- Proven ability to lead, build and retain a team of high performing sales professionals
- Show leadership at all levels of the organization, results-driven, coaching and engaging directly to drive success
- Experience coaching teams with regards to interpersonal skills, business savvy, and solution selling in order to establish and maintain Partners
- High energy systems leader with the ability to move on a dime from strategy to execution
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in our organization and in support of our Partners
- Experience with a diverse and complex solutions and product line
- 7+ years in senior leadership managing large outside sales teams
- Willing to travel ~50% per year
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews, background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams (Peggy@knowledgeleadersgroup.com) at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.