Chief Marketing Officer of Rasmussen College
Interested in a Chief Marketing Officer career opportunity at Rasmussen College? Explore this unique marketing executive position at a renowned higher education institution.
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited, private institution of higher learning on a mission dedicated to global enrichment and meeting the evolving needs of their diverse communities.
With an emphasis on innovative programs, dynamic curriculum, and general education skills, they are committed to being a pioneer in the field of career-focused education. They empower students, faculty, and staff to exceed the expectations of society through academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good.
With their headquarters in Bloomington, MN and 25 campus locations across Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Online, Rasmussen College serves >17K students. The College offers a wide variety of Diploma programs and professional certificates in areas of study including Health Sciences, Education, Design, Business, Nursing, Technology, and Justice Studies.
With three years of consecutive revenue growth, 18 consecutive quarters of new student growth, and current business trends exceeding expectations, Rasmussen is primed for continued success across programs, campuses, new states, and student enrollment.
Rasmussen is backed by Renovus Capital Partners – a private equity firm focused on providing capital and strategic assistance to small and mid-sized education, training and human capital companies.
As a newly created position, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) serves as a core member of the College’s executive leadership team as well as several executive steering committees for college-wide initiatives.
The Chief Marketing Officer will lead marketing, brand and product strategy to drive program and portfolio performance and ensure strategy and execution is effective and aligned. This role will primarily be accountable for strategic portfolio health, brand growth, and overall inquiry performance.
The CMO will oversee and direct the relationship with a designated full-service marketing agency (Collegis Education). Currently, Collegis is directly responsible for all marketing services execution.
- Oversee marketing and brand strategy (in close partnership with leaders from the full-service agency) to ensure marketing direction and execution stays aligned with overarching strategies as well as program/portfolio priorities
- Devise a strategic marketing plan to competitively differentiate and position Rasmussen in the higher education environment.
- Manage the product portfolio to keep offerings fresh, relevant, and career-focused, to fit with and further advance Rasmussen’s market position
- Lead each new program (product) development throughout its lifecycle within the college’s portfolio. This includes owning and directing a team through ideation concept, design, development and delivery, ensuring that success is measured via demonstrated enrollment growth
- Use market intelligence combined with input from operations and academics to develop a “go-to-market” strategy, outlining which programs should be offered in which local markets and modalities. This includes the identification of potential new program offerings and locations
- Partner with cross-functional leadership in a matrixed environment to ensure strong execution and timeline management that delivers results
- Build, lead and manage a high-performance internal team including, but not limited to, product management directors, marketing director, market research manager, and project manager
- Develop and enhance the strategic plans that will evolve the University’s competitive positioning and reputation, with both prospective students, current students, and alumni
- Engage and communicate with campuses and the online division to foster “buy-in” and align their efforts with strategies
CMO Career at Rasmussen College Includes:
- Being part of an organization with an impactful mission, committed to improving human potential and the lives of individuals, their families and communities through education (opportunity to “make a difference” in the world)
- Having a seat at the executive table with a collaborative, dynamic senior leadership team in a nimble, private organization
- Making a significant impact at this innovative institution at a crucial phase of its expansion and evolution
For a proven strategic marketing leader, s/he will have a track record growing and developing audiences and working with greenfield expansion efforts.
You should have the following experiences and skillsets:
- Experience managing external agencies and working across internal business functions
- Experience building and managing internal teams >10
- Previous success evolving, nurturing, and effectively spreading a brand message
- Ability to synthesize insights from data and information and see patterns to shape strategy and communicate within a matrixed organization
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort leading others and setting priorities within a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and change
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing management/leadership experience with brand, product, marketing strategy and management including P&L accountability
- Experience growing and establishing a brand in new geographical locations
- Willing to travel approximately 15% per year, not including travel to HQ as needed
- Currently living in Chicago, Twin Cities, or Orlando. Or, willing to relocate
If you have not already, submit your resume to Jennifer Florence at Knowledge Leaders (email@example.com).