Chris Minnich, NWEA CEO
NWEA is a not-for-profit, research-based organization grounded in a mission committed to Partnering to help all kids learn®. NWEA pursues its mission every day by providing administrators, educators, students from all backgrounds, and families assessment solutions and services that support educational improvements and insights into learning. As an Education Technology organization, NWEA is in a unique position to create change in education because we currently serve close to a quarter of all U.S. K-12 students and are present in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries. The reach NWEA has domestically and internationally provides a unique opportunity for impact. NWEA is actively diversifying its portfolio of services and solutions to
- Improve learning outcomes for these students
- Reach more students and educators
- Innovate to deliver high-quality, purpose-driven, educational products and services that improve learning
To be able to meet its objectives, NWEA is actively working on ensuring that our work reflects, values, and supports the diverse educators, students, colleagues, and communities they serve. NWEA seeks to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions, and products it provides, and, in the partnerships, we establish with other organizations, schools, districts, states, and countries.
The Chief People & Culture Officer Opportunity
The Chief People & Culture Officer (CPCO) is responsible for improving, developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of organizational design, strategic workforce planning and related programs like succession planning, talent management (including performance management and talent development), change management, culture, learning and development, and total rewards (with focus on compensation). The CPCO provides strategic and highly visible leadership by articulating people needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders, and the board of directors.
- Establish, implement, and rapidly scale P&C strategies and efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
- Review/improve P&C team structure to support desired current and future outcomes
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group to improve management skills, communication, and staff development
- Evolve enterprise and team specific engagement programs to optimize and retain staff
- Develop and implement programs, practices, and training to evolve and strengthen organizational culture
A future at NWEA includes:
- Working with a talented, respected, and highly collaborative executive team
- Playing a central role in a high growth company with a strong culture, strong products, and a strong management team
- Working with a company and CEO who view people, talent, and culture as a competitive advantage and central to the company’s success
- The ability to live and work anywhere in the US
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years of experience at a senior HR leadership level. You also have at least 3 years’ experience reporting to the CEO (or line of business equivalent). SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification, an MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
The following experiences and skillsets are also required:
- Track record building and developing scalable HR infrastructure in a fast-growing company of 1000+ employees or more
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional colleagues; operations, finance, product, with a P&L mindset
- Strategic mindset with the desire and ability to operate tactically, often in the weeds
- Highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven. You are a people person, but you know your numbers inside and out.
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully motivate and challenge a team of talented and creative people at all levels of the organization
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking.
Submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders – email@example.com
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.