Dawn Thomas, President SESI/FullBloom discusses her SVP search
The 10,000 educators and healthcare professionals employed by FullBloom are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral, and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the child’s individual circumstance. They dedicate their careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, they play a truly crucial role in the lives of children, their families, and their communities. Their purpose drives their performance, and they are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. They directly serve over 150,000 students and children every year helping them overcome a range of academic and non-academic learning barriers. FullBloom has three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves Behavioral Services.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is a premier provider of education services for K-12 students who require additional educational and behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. SESI partners with school districts to run in-district classrooms and standalone schools that meet the academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs of special education students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Emotional Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, and other challenges; and alternative education students in need of trauma-informed education. Implementing a research-based education model that incorporates supportive therapies, positive behavior interventions and supports, life skills training, and workforce development programs – as well as professional learning for special education teachers – SESI guides students toward success in and out of the classroom. SESI proudly serves more than 7,000 students in over 95 day schools and more than 90 in-district classrooms, and partners with over 600 school districts nationwide. SESI is accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancED).
The Private Equity Investors
American Securities is a leading U.S. private equity firm with approximately $26 billion under management. Based in New York with offices in Shanghai, the firm invests in market-leading North American companies with annual revenues generally ranging from $200 million to $2 billion. Their mission is to generate superior returns by making investments in great businesses and helping management better them.
Reporting to the President of SESI, the Senior Vice President of Operations is responsible for leading the success, growth, and operational excellence of SESI schools and partnerships in the west. The SVP will lend strategic decision making to ensure the regions’ continued success creating social impact at scale.
- Drive growth in the western region through a combination of increased enrollment in new district classrooms and M&A activity
- Ensure there is continual improvement in all aspects of academic and behavioral outcomes
- Identify, recommend, and implement the continuous improvement and upgrading of program content, delivery modes, and associated professional development needs
- Hire, develop, and retain a team of education professionals, whilst ensuring there is a “bench” of internal talent ready for promotion
You currently work or have worked in an operational and leadership role within a K12, special education/alternative school environment.
You are a proven P&L leader with initiative, strong communication skills; with an ability to thrive in a “culture of feedback.”
Ideally, you are currently located in California, but if not, you must be in the western region of the US.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Operational Excellence: Ability to iterate and improve process where it is in place, and create new process where required
- Strategic Growth: Accomplished in identifying and pursuing expansion, partnerships, and new program development, in collaboration with your team
- P&L Management: Experience managing a P&L of $50M+
- Talent Management: Outstanding leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully motivate, challenge and foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development
- Crisis Management: Ability to pivot quickly from the day-to day to urgent and emergency situations in an educational setting, ensuring the safety and well-being of students and staff
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
Submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.