Vice President of Sales
Nearpod, recently named EdTech Digest’s Company of the Year, is the most comprehensive Student Engagement Platform for K-12 teachers. Nearpod works with any classroom technology from tablets and smartphones to laptops and Chromebooks to help engage students with activities such as Virtual Reality, PhET, and Desmos and with more than 7,000 ready-to-run lessons created in partnership with leading brands like Common Sense Education and the Pulitzer Center. Beyond classroom instruction, the company revitalizes teacher development through Teacher Professional Learning content that cultivates classroom-changing strategies for educators.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology. Currently, teachers in 3 out of 5 districts in the US use Nearpod.
Nearpod has offices in Fort Lauderdale, FL and it is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, and the Knight Enterprise Fund.
In 2019, Nearpod acquired Flocabulary, the leading video and student creativity platform that uses educational hip-hop to engage students and increase achievement. This acquisition has brought together two of the brands most loved by teachers to help engage students in all K-12 classrooms.
The Private Equity Investors
Insight Partners is a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. Founded in 1995, Insight currently has over $20 billion of assets under management and has cumulatively invested in more than 300 companies worldwide. Insight’s mission is to find, fund, and work successfully with visionary executives, providing them with practical, hands-on growth expertise to foster long-term success.
Nearpod is searching for a proven sales leader to drive new business and propel Nearpods’ growth. Based on the East Coast, and reporting to the President, the VP of Sales will lead a national sales team of 50 and play an integral part in the success of the organization by setting strategy, improving sales operations, leading rigorous execution and developing the sales team. The VP of Sales will also play an active role as a member of the Nearpod senior executive team.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Drive significant new and expansion booking growth
- Improve existing sales practices, processes and tools creating a scalable, efficient, sales methodology
- Enhance and upgrade the sales team by coaching and developing as well as hiring high performers
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing, Product and Customer Success teams
- Roll up their sleeves and work in the field with the sales teams as well as set strategy, closely manage forecasts and pipeline, and drive execution
A future at Nearpod includes:
- The opportunity to work at a high energy, dynamic SaaS company in hyper-growth mode
- The chance to work with a passionate team of high achieving entrepreneurs
- The opportunity to help create a new business category and empower educators to create learning experiences that engage and inspire millions of students.
- The chance to lead both strategy and execution in a senior role for an industry leader poised to extend its market success
- The opportunity to drive aggressive growth in a company and to be compensated accordingly
- The flexibility to live anywhere on the East Coast with a direct flight to Fort Lauderdale
The ideal candidate is a successful, highly motivated sales executive. We are searching for an excellent coach with a focus on customer success, building relationships, growth, and passionate about student outcomes.
You should have the following background:
- An entrepreneurial mindset: innovative, hardworking and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Experience implementing sales processes, forecasting and managing pipeline for a $50-$100M company
- Experience managing a 50+ person national sales team, both inside and field reps
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to build teams, manage up, and connect with customers
- Experience selling education technology and content to K-12 schools and districts. As well as an understanding of the nuances associated with both bottom-up and top-down K-12 sales process
- East coast based with direct flight to Fort Lauderdale
- Experience with a founder-led company
- Willing to travel 50%-70% of the time
If you have not already, submit your resume to Alison Thompson at Knowledge Leaders. (email@example.com)