VP & GM for Bright Horizons EdAssist Solutions
Bright Horizons is a leading global education and care company that offers early education and child-care, back-up (emergency) child care, elder care, workforce education and student loan repayment. For 35 years, parents and organizations have selected Bright Horizons to provide high-quality education and care, operate with integrity, and empower them to thrive. Bright Horizons has measured their success one client, one family, and one child at a time.
Today Bright Horizons partners with more than 1,400 of the world’s top employers that power many of the world’s best brands.
Bright Horizons is fully committed to a workplace where all employees feel welcomed and comfortable. The organization has been recognized as one of Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Diversity and is proud to have received a perfect score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index — a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality.
Bright Horizons truly embodies their HEART Principles both internally and externally: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, Teamwork. As a result, they have been recognized 18 times by Fortune as one of the Top 100 Companies to work for in the United States.
Bright Horizons has been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for the second consecutive year and named to the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the 17th consecutive year. The HRC is the nation’s premier benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality and the GEI tracks companies committed to supporting gender equality through policy development, representation, and transparency.
Bright Horizons EdAssist Solutions is the leading education as a benefit provider today, serving over 227 employer clients and 7 million client employees. As an example from a top client, here are T-Mobile’s education solutions they provide to their employees; solutions powered by EdAssist Solutions.
EdAssist powers education programs to serve a client’s entire workforce, specific targeted segments within their workforce, and even their employee’s dependents. For employers, the programs are designed to impact strategic talent management and business goals, optimizing a company’s investment in their people. For employees, they are inspired and supported to pursue a better path towards career advancement through start-to-finish coaching, removal of financial barriers, access to a network of high-quality education providers (both degree and non-degree), and an engaging user experience.
EdAssist also meets a top employee need through delivering student loan support benefits for clients. This includes financial coaching and processing employer contributions directly to federal student loan debt holders on behalf of employees. These contributions are now tax-exempt for employers, within the same $5,250 cap as their education payments.
EdAssist Solutions processes $1B in education payments annually on behalf of their clients.
Ideally located in Newton, MA and reporting directly to Patrick Donovan, SVP Emerging Services, this VP & GM is responsible for the Bright Horizons EdAssist Solutions service line including strategy, thought leadership, operational effectiveness, service delivery, and financial (P&L) performance. This individual will be an internal and external authority and thought leader on workforce education and adult learning, always exemplifying and fostering Bright Horizons culture and the HEART Principles.
- Oversee at P&L of $75M and drive profitable growth of at least 20-25% per year
- Set the EdAssist Solutions product and service roadmap and partner strategy; meet current and future client needs, create opportunities for growth, and develop competitive advantage
- Drive market differentiation, PR, and thought leadership
- Deliver quality and operational effectiveness, including meeting all client performance targets
- Support current and prospective client relationships and growth through collaboration with the Bright Horizons Growth Team
- Provide input on Bright Horizons-wide initiatives and collaborate with other senior leaders for the supervision of the EdAssist Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Professional Services, and Growth teams.
- Lead the organizational development and talent management of 4 direct reports, a matrixed leadership team of 8, and a total team of 400+
- Responsible for all decisions related to team performance management (hiring, merit increases, bonuses, terminations, performance improvement plans).
- Maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive culture
Additional features of this role at Bright Horizons includes:
- Leading a major business within Bright Horizons, and the leader in the workforce education and student loan support market
- Influencing overall Bright Horizons strategy as part of the Bright Horizons Senior Management team
- Serving a world-class client base of the leading employers across all industries
- Leading an existing high-performing team driving a fast-growing business
- Enjoying the upside of compelling equity in a publicly traded company
- Joining and contributing to a culture of inclusion, transparency and respect
- Making a difference in the lives of the people served
Passionate about the power of education to improve the lives of individuals and organizations, you currently have a high comfort level with software-as-a service technology, and software product management. Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to create a shared vision and accountability for results will prove useful in this role. The successful candidate has experience building and motivating high performing teams and leaders.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as stakeholders including clients, media, internal and external partners, and teams
- A track record of scaling fast-growing businesses
- Proven experience in organizational development, including culture and talent management
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and financial management
- Experience managing and developing partnerships and vendors
- Ability to work and think independently – exceptional decision-making, prioritization, and time management
- Goal-oriented – demonstrated success meeting and exceeding business objectives
- Prior leadership experience in a business serving adult learners a plus
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to April Sarraille at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.