Head of Engineering
Littera Education launched in the fall of 2020 with a simple idea: all students deserve high-quality tutoring support to help them achieve their academic potential. The mission of their funded and growing K12 education SaaS startup is to enable equitable, high-quality, and cost-effective district managed tutoring for school districts of all sizes.
Littera supports the delivery of individual and small-group sessions and leverages the data, curriculum, and technology that districts already use. By integrating with existing tech infrastructure and instructional tools they enable school districts and other student-serving organizations to provide equitable access to high quality, flexible, and targeted student support.
The team at Littera is passionate about student success and making it possible for all students to receive the high-quality support they need.
Reporting directly to the Founder/CEO, the Vice President of Engineering will manage a diverse and geographically distributed development and engineering team. You will collaborate with all members of the executive team to grow and develop a product that brings high quality, personalized tutoring to every student who needs it. You will be responsible for ensuring that the platform and feature sets deliver an incredible experience for all end users and are consistently responsive to customer needs.
- Be the engineering leader for Littera – hire, mentor, grow, and run a highly productive, inclusive, and distributed team of vendors, as well as build a Littera internal team from scratch
- Be a doer, not just a manager. Be prepared to jump in and problem solve when necessary
- Establish, communicate, and implement engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective, consistent, and sustainable growth
- Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies to improve user experience
The most important characteristic for the VP Engineering is your attitude. You want to be in on a ground floor opportunity to help shape the direction for an industry-disrupting business.
While this is an executive role, you are a player as well as a coach and able to dive into any tasks that need your expertise to execute.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Building and developing your own teams in a start-up environment
- Hands-on expertise in architecture, design, and implementation of modern, scalable cloud-based platforms
- Expertise with security, privacy, and compliance frameworks, SOCII or similar
- Highly proficient technical knowledge of engineering best practices at scale
- Proven track record developing and implementing a long-term, engineering strategy supporting business objectives and goals
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in co-creating executable product vision and roadmaps
- Desire to be keep current with cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices
- Team leadership and mentorship – ability to build trust within the team, provide autonomy for their actions through accountability and respect
Submit your resume to Peggy Williams at Knowledge Leaders.
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.