Head of Sales
eDynamic Learning is the largest publisher of online CTE and elective courseware in North America with nearly 200 courses designed for grades 6-12. As a teacher-founded company, eDynamic Learning was established with a mission of helping students find their passion and prepare them with the knowledge and skills needed to make life-shaping college and career decisions. All courses are developed in-house by teachers and subject matter experts and are designed to replace a textbook or supplement the course curriculum. Courses include a comprehensive set of lessons, reflective discussions, assessments and activities. This includes engaging narratives, videos, slideshows, diagrams, flashcards, podcasts, soft skills and social-emotional content, wherever appropriate. eDynamic Learning’s high-quality curriculum is flexible and customizable to be used in a variety of online and blended learning environments, runs on all technology platforms and devices, and is compatible with nearly all LMS systems
Gauge Capital is a private equity firm that partners with owners, managers and equity stakeholders of successful middle-market companies to maximize their potential. Gauge’s primary aim is long-term, sustainable value creation through alignment of interests, transformational change and organic and strategically acquired growth.
Reporting directly to CEO, and a member of the executive team, the Vice President of Sales will work closely with C-level partners to drive the growth strategy for this highly successful company. The VP will hire and train staff, establishing processes and procedures, and develop the sales plan for both inside and outside sales. The sales team will work to expand direct to district sales along with obtaining state adoptions, primarily in the middle and high school market.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Scale and develop the sales team (currently at 10 representatives); hiring and continuously developing top-notch new and existing sales team members
- Manage sales team’s performance through discipline and rigor with key KPIs, including daily activity, and metrics management
- Identify and capitalize on new, long-term relationships that will become revenue leaders
- Improve existing sales practices, processes and tools creating a scalable, efficient, repeatable sales methodology
- Ensure accurate, consistent forecasting resulting in successful monthly and quarterly performance against goals
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to ensure a coordinated effort to maximize sales performance both regionally and nationally
A future at eDynamic Learning includes:
✔ The opportunity to be part of a mission driven company that puts school partners first and finds a way to say yes to customers whenever we can.
Compensation will include salary and performance bonus commensurate with the individual’s experience.
The ideal candidate is a transformational sales executive and coach who is currently or has recently worked in a senior sales role with a K-12 EdTech company providing complex solutions to school districts and states. A proven sales leader and team mentor with initiative, strong communication skills, focus on customer success, and team mentorship, in a high growth environment will do well in this role. You should have the following background:
- Previous senior sales leadership role in K-12 education technology, or appropriate adjacent industry
- Proven ability to hire, lead, and retain a team of high performing sales “hunters”
- Show leadership at all levels of the organization, results-driven, coaching and engaging directly to drive success
- Experience coaching teams with regards to interpersonal skills, business savvy, and solution selling in order to establish and maintain customer relationships
- Experience closing sales at the highest levels of an organization
- 5-7 years in senior leadership managing a sales staff while achieving/exceeding revenue goals
- Willing to travel ~50% per year
✔ The opportunity to join a high growth, private equity-owned industry leader as part of a small executive team, and to have a “seat at the table”
✔ The opportunity to work with the market leader in the emerging and under-served market for elective courses
✔ The opportunity to expand CTE Programs nationally and enable students to earn industry certifications and attain high-paying jobs right out of high school
✔ The opportunity to drive aggressive, triple digit growth in a company
✔ The opportunity to have the flexibility to live anywhere
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews, background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams (Peggy@knowledgeleadersgroup.com) at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.