Chief Revenue Officer
Dreambox Learning is a leading adaptive learning platform, closing the math gap for elementary and middle school students nationwide. Delivering learning skills to students, whether in need of intervention or enrichment, in a personal way allows teachers to ensure every student is engaged in math. Aligned to state and regional standards and accessible in English and Spanish, Dreambox is powered by Predictive Insights and Analytics allowing teachers and school administrators to have an understanding of how students will perform on state assessments in advance of the test date. Teachers are offered immediate, relevant, and actionable professional development to enable their best use of the platform.
Dreambox’s mission is to radically transform the way the world learns. This is being accomplished through their revolutionary Intelligent Adaptive Learning technology, and is combined with a rigorous curriculum and an engaging game-like environment. Four core beliefs guide the vision:
- Children persist in learning when they are engaged, challenged and having fun.
- Students are teachers as well as learners who can drive their own progress.
- Teachers need support for differentiating instruction to a broad range of learners.
- To thrive as life-long learners requires mastery of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Dreambox Learning is an inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcomed and comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We invite Women, professionals of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community and members of other minority groups to explore our career opportunities.
The Rise Fund was founded in 2016 by TPG in partnership with Bono and Jeff Skoll and offers deep expertise in business solutions to help achieve the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. As part of TPG, The Rise Fund offers investment resources, business-building skills and a global network to help portfolio companies accelerate growth and impact.
The Rise Funds seek to expand the reach of commercial capital to help a new generation of entrepreneurs build profitable businesses that deliver positive and sustainable impact. With a dedication to rigorous measurement and the creation of new assessment tools, The Rise Fund ensures that social impact can be measured and quantified, which will help advance the success of impact investing globally. The Rise Fund is committed to serving as a resource for those who are focused on investing to drive positive impact.
In this newly created role, Dreambox’s Chief Revenue Officer will head sales strategy aligned with the evolving business strategy across current and future revenue streams. Reporting to the CEO, this leader will be a significant contributor to strategic business considerations, flipping between a functional hat and a business unit leader executive hat. The CRO will create a winning culture across the company, encouraging those outside of sales to feel they’ve had a part in each victory. This mindset of winning and business of selling not only answers to quarterly objectives but has the ability to see several years down the road. Crucial to success will be the ability to deeply understand the customer perspective and work hand in hand with the leaders of customer experience/success and product development to not only deliver what customers want but to envision solutions that do not yet exist.
The CRO will be a transformative leader with the ability to scale the organization, developing a state level go to market strategy while professionalizing the sales organization leading to overall growth. As an executive team member, and working with peers, this individual will drive to a highly integrated and collaborative outlook with regard to all go to market strategies. As the functional leader of the sales team, the CRO will guide and coach talent on the team; make accomplished talent better, drive career aspirations, create a harmony model while benefiting from leadership development provided to the executive team.
- Grow recurring revenue and evolve sales organization as company matures with each new revenue marker (e.g. $100M, $200M)
- Partner on inorganic growth strategy, using analytics and data to advise on product development, increasing addressable market share, sales organization integration, and cross-sell opportunities
- Evaluate and set compensation model in partnership with Finance and Human Resources
- Use data to create and update a successful go to market strategy with regards to sales playbook and processes including evaluation of land and expand, hunter/gatherer, top-down, bottom-up, relational selling, volume-based selling, state deals, inside sales, and other sales philosophies
- Assign territories, quotas, and partner with CFO to improve deal desk efficacy
- Create sales training for existent and new products and services along with associated sales materials and route to market
- Work closely with SVP of Client Success to increase customer retention and redesign sales strategy with regard to Professional Development services
- Fully integrate the new data analytics product into a selling platform in need of overall upgrading
The ideal candidate is not necessarily a current CRO, rather understands sales and sales sub-functions including finance, operations, sales ops, marketing, data and analytics. This individual has piloted a company through quick growth with a high functioning enterprise-scale sales team and a complex seasonal selling strategy. Past achievements have come from understanding that not all campaigns and offers are equal, sales outreach has been prioritized at different times with strategy around when to offer something free, at a discount, as a freemium, or when to hold value. An ability to work with product market fit and the courage to lean into ambiguity will help build a rolling 12–18-month view, and a team that understands how to hold value rather than defaulting to discounting.
You should have the following experiences and skill sets:
- Expertise leading SaaS inside sales
- Track record developing a strong sales team with a strategic outlook and cross functional mindset
- Proven background navigating political sales involving 3-4 stakeholders with differing viewpoints, as well as the follow on to deepen customer relationships beyond purchase
- Agility and versatility to adapt from one business model to the next
- Strong background in B2B sales with understanding of B2C sales
- Success in creating new revenue streams through meaningful partnerships
- Difference between integration channel customers/brand consumers
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to April Sarraille at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.