Chief Executive Officer
Founded in early 2015, upGrad is India’s largest online higher education company, delivering industry-relevant curriculum to almost 1 million learners worldwide.
upGrad provides online programs in the areas of Data Science, Technology, Management, and Law to college students, working professionals, and enterprises. These programs are designed and delivered in collaboration with top-notch universities like IIT Madras, IIT Bangalore, MICA, BIMTECH, NMIMS Global Access, Jindal Global Law School, Duke CE, Deakin University, and Liverpool John Moores University.
With an 80% program completion rate, robust tech platform, outcomes-based learning approach, university credentials, strong mentorship, and steadfast placement support, upGrad has established its position as a leader in the Indian education system.
upGrad has been ranked as India’s No.1 startup, three years in a row. upGrad received the title of ‘Best Education Brands’ by Economic Times in 2020 and is included in the prestigious GSV Global EdTech 50 List 2020.
With a proven and stable core product in India, the upGrad founders are now able to turn their attention to additional geographies worldwide. Consistent funding and investment provide the resource support to make expansion possible.
Reporting directly to the Founders, the Head of Operations, U.S., will be given a blank sheet of paper to envision, create, and build upGrad’s American business. This individual is expected to expand and replicate where applicable and reimagine where not, translating the highly successful Indian product into a new path for learning in the U.S. higher education and workforce training markets. Realizing upGrad’s goal of becoming a market leader in 5-7 years is a top priority and within reach as this individual will have flexibility to experiment, given resources to drive growth in successes, all with their own hand-picked team.
- Analyze the workforce training landscape in the U.S. and identify opportunities for upGrad’s entry into the U.S. market
- Create and articulate a vision and plan of action
- Determine an action plan for market entry, whether OPM, bootcamp, certificate, or an entirely new offering, and put a timeline in place
- Leverage available technologies to support and build-out the proper infrastructure
- Hire the US team and build an org chart ready for rapid growth
A future at upGrad includes:
- The opportunity to create and brand an innovative response to America’s workforce training needs
- The opportunity to shape, lead, and participate in the equity success of upGrad’s U.S. business
- The flexibility to live anywhere in the United States
This entrepreneurial executive has a track record of success scaling and innovating. You have a demonstrated passion for education and training, especially when it advances the career opportunities of working adults. The ideal candidate can put a vision on paper, articulate a strategy, and execute with focus and vigor.
You should have the following experiences and skillsets:
- Proven track record of articulating a vision and executing against it to develop new business models
- Running and scaling a business including new market entry, new product development and acquisition
- Ability to identify and prioritize opportunities – know where to focus in uncertain environments • Creative ideation with an entrepreneurial approach to building and leading with the ability to know when to shut down a project or push it forward
- Understanding of where and how to gain customers
- Experience, reputation, and gravitas to establish university and corporate partnerships
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews, background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Peggy Williams (Peggy@knowledgeleadersgroup.com) at Knowledge Leaders.
Knowledge Leaders, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and candidates for employment. Knowledge Leaders, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.