Confidential CEO Search
Knowledge Leaders is searching for an experienced CEO for a rapidly growing, highly profitable and private equity backed company in the B2B training and education sector. We are searching for a CEO with a strong track record of transformational growth and operational excellence.
This role is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to take a well-respected brand with a loyal customer base and history of profitable growth, build a scalable organization and lead the company in its continued maturation. The CEO will report directly to the Board and will be responsible for the Company’s strategic direction, operations, and financial performance.
Duties and responsibilities for the CEO will include:
- Develop and execute on an actionable growth strategy
- Build on the growth strategy work in progress and craft a plan for realizing the vision that maximizes (in a sustainable and scalable way) the core business, including developing existing and new products, services, and markets (current and adjacent) leveraging effective sales and marketing tools/strategies as appropriate
- Refine, implement and manage strategies to minimize customer churn and maximize customer lifetime value
- Track, implement and manage toward mutually agreed (with rest of management team and the Board) KPIs
- Manage toward customer needs
- Ensure continued service level requirements are being met as company scales
- Develop strategies and processes for improving customer retention.
- Develop a high performing team and organization capable of material continued growth
- Rapidly assess existing talent; upgrade as necessary and align organizational structure roles and responsibilities needed to realize the vision
- Eliminate redundancies or inefficiencies present in the current organization
- Develop functional excellence that is easily applied to new growth vectors
- Set a clear vision and culture for all employees
- Foster an entrepreneurial culture of innovation and growth
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Reception to new ideas and collaborative feedback from the board
- Develop and maintain high organizational curiosity (e.g. a better, faster, cheaper way to do xyz). What are best practices?
- Experimentation, but not at the cost of values, brand, or customer experience
- Customer service focus
- Enhance the business model through use of systematic processes and technology
- Use technology to expand offerings and customer reach
- Maintain a competitive advantage in technology among the market competition
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- The CEO will be based at the Company’s headquarters in New Jersey
The ideal candidate is a current CEO with high emotional intelligence who has scaled companies in the B2B training, education, or subscription/membership sectors.
You should have the following experiences and skillsets:
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience developing and driving a strategic plan to grow a subscription/membership-based organization toward $100+ million in revenue.
- Prior experience as a CEO, responsible for similar sized P&L, ideally with private equity-backed company experience.
- A talented strategic thinker who can translate a compelling business strategy into a clear plan and drive execution, including experience building a high performing sales and marketing organization.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- A track record of empowering leadership teams to be successful, with player/coach mentality.
- Results-driven P&L management experience including how to manage toward specific KPIs, ROI, and profitable growth.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant B2B training, education, and/or subscription/membership experience with at least 7 years in executive leadership; foundational roles in sales, marketing, and/or technology.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
The Knowledge Leaders search process is thorough and may include: a written assessment, multiple interviews (recorded and in person), background and social media checks, employment and education verifications, a drug screen, and professional reference checking. After all, our mission is to transform education by recruiting the best world leaders.
If you have not already, submit your resume to Alison Thompson at Knowledge Leaders